Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend Work

besides the ARC skills day, a softball game, and nick's basketball game our weekend was really relaxed and slow. we had a date night on friday and went to dinner and saw UP in 3D. that movie actually made me cry. TWICE! shheesh pixar. but we napped a lot and slept in. he watched football and i made art for some swaps. the first one is for a hats/crowns inchie swap over on amusing muses. i found this book at the thrift store that's from '79 and it's got oodles of pictures of farm life and whatnot. so i made a series where i don't draw my own people, just alter what i have. and here they are:



i think they turned out fine. well, with the exception of my wonderful ability to layout things on the scanner.

next, i worked on cards for an AFA swap that i could hardly resist. hooray for loteria cards! these are more on my style compared to the inchies above.



i made a set of loteria cards about a year ago on AFA for an edward gorey swap. i took his style and his cats and turned them into loteria cards. it's actually one of my all time favorite sets that i've made. this one was my favorite out of the four:



i also got a jump on my mini atcs so expect those to be posted in the next couple of days.

2 comments:

  1. you've been busy i see. what wonderful work you've managed to do. love your style of artwork. it always makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely art! I love the hats and crowns! :)

    ReplyDelete