Thursday, July 30, 2009

Matroyshka Doll

so over on amusing muses, i'm hosting my very first swap. i really like the swaps with shapes so i've been racking my brain trying to think of one. then i thought of russian nesting dolls, Matroyshka Dolls. so i decided to do a chunky book with this idea. each artist will make five dolls in different sizes. then when i receive them, i'll swap them back out and everyone will receive a different doll for the 5 different sizes. in order to get people that were on the fence to come on over, i made the largest of my 5. she's made with 140lb water color paper, banana tissue paper, text from a floral book, prisma colors, chalk, pastels, ink, and some brass metallic paint. i'm thrilled with how she turned out!

2 comments:

  1. she is beautiful! i'm excited about this swap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren! I've been admiring you from AM and it's about time I got to your lovely blog! Wowee! Have to tell you . . . my daughter's name is Lauren and when I saw your http address I laughed out loud. My Lauren is always leaving "Lauren is cool" on the screen on people's cell phones if she can sneak them away - kind of her version of Zorro I guess. So you are the coolest too! Must be a Lauren thing! hee hee

    ReplyDelete