Wednesday, August 12, 2009

postcards postcards postcards

over on amusing muses we had a postcard-a-thon. so from July 31st to Aug 2 we had to make as many postcards as we could with the theme of wings. i made 3 total:







lately, i've been creating basis for my work. normally, i'll draw what i want to do and then paint from there. but i've been experimenting with just drop dots of paint on the paper and smearing it with a piece of cardstock. then i base my image around this. it's a little more organic and adds some depth.

here's some more postcards i made over this past weekend:

k is for koala.


august challenge using the word "map".


thursday trade off using the word "snail"

1 comment:

  1. I love them all, but that little boat is magical! I bet it is off on its way to a new owner but I wish it was me! I love the pink birds too - I am drooling and drooling here!

    ReplyDelete