Friday, June 15, 2012

I'm back at my challenges!

Art things:

1. Safari-zetti cards. What!? Safari animals! What?! Make them all kooky and shit? I'm in like Flynn, my friend.

So since these were my first cards I made from a loooooooong art swap break, dare I say: I was excited. I busted out all my paper and my paints and my photos. I must say that I got a little carried away on some of the neon paints that I bought. But hey! The 90's are back and it was all about neon and remembering one important fact: My anaconda don't want none unless you got buns, hon. Wiser words were never uttered, Sir Mix-a-Lot.


2. My old pal, Nan, on AFA hit me up with a challenge: Princess Bride. Say whaaa? To that challenge I said , "Of course!" I set about thinking on mornings in my sheet fort, eating some Lucky Charms, and watching The Princess Bride. I decided for my cards that I wanted to do random characters. Yeah, I could've done Buttercup or Wesley, but why? I love Christopher Guest. BTDubs - someone pointed this out to me:


Ugh, yeah, consider my mind: blown. Anyways. I decided on hand-drawn cards for my favorites characters. Again, that neon paint just sort of came out of nowhere and worked it's way all into my stuff.


I've got some owls to make and a house to build still. Also, I was challenged into some Virgin de Guadalupe cards. Everyone was making me blush on the site so I told them that I was going to get drunk and make some all with my left hand. This is what that kind of art looks like:


Inspiring, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment